Friday, January 23, 2009

Can you smell it now?

Afton, Maggie, and I were driving around town the other night just talking and stuff and as I cross one of the intersections I see something in the road and I didn't have time to move... I stopped in the middle of my story and freaked out because I ran over a snake. My first thought was "I can't tell Heather" because I know how sad and mad she would be. Then I start thinking about it and I'm like... I even heard it hiss and I ran it over. Then I felt even worse because it probably suffered. And to make everything better Afton tells me that sometimes they'll crawl in your engine (of course she was being sarcastic but at this point I was going to believe anything). So I was afraid to put my feet on the floor, but I had to suck it up. THEN, I think I can smell it and I kept asking them if they could smell it. I swear and I could. So I decided that we have to turn around and go look at it. We had to. So I flip a U-y(?) and we make our way back to the intersection.......I ran over a flat piece of metal. It had a little wave to it. So no, I didn't run over a snake, I didn't hear it hiss before it died, and I definitely didn't smell it. Sigh.


So the next day, while I was at work, Afton and Maggie bought a fake snake at Walmart, got ahold of my keys, and wrapped it around my steering wheel. Now he sits on my dashboard. :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahahah! That's so funny!

Barker said...

So it was knot knot. Thats funny how your mind messes with you like that! Lets see a pic of the snake!

Matt and Heather said...

I was almost upset with u for a second there...
People actually used to call me when they saw a snake in the road and I would go move it so it wouldn't get hurt.
I stopped when i went to move a big bull snake and as I started to cross the road a car ran it over right in front of me. I cried, and moved it into the bushes to die peacefully.
Your so funny... Making up hisses and smells in your head. Some people may say your a freak... I think you've just got a big imagination :)
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Cant wait to see ya this week!!

Melissa and Travis said...

hahahaha funny!!

Corie Green said...

HA HA HA HA! I love that story, and I always freak out like the snake is going to climb in my car when I drive by or *over* one! Too funny Ali!