Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

So Keith and I planned a trip for vegas a couple months ago to go see Jesscia, Troy, and the kids because it had been a while. We got there on Jan 2nd and picked them up from the airport (they came back from Alaska) and Lydie was so excited. I don't think she's ever held on to me that tight or that long. Best feeling ever. Jonah...he didn't really care, but I was very excited to see them both. After that we through the drive thru at Taco Bell. The man on drive thru duty greeted us in English then Spanish. So Troy, who went on a spanish-speaking mission, answered back...in Spanish. He even ordered what we wanted in Spanish, at least the things he could remember. Very entertaining.
The next day we spent just chillin at home. We played with Lydia's kitchen and all her new Christmas toys. I cannot believe how much she has grown. And Jonah was crawling all over and pulling himself up to whatever table, chair, and toy he could find. Him so big :) That night we went to the Belagio(sp), saw the fountain, and had some more taco bell. :)

Now it gets really good.

Troy had an interview in Texas and had to fly out Sunday morning and was going to be back Monday night. So Jessica and I were trying to find a way to convince my mom to let me stay an extra day and miss school, but whatever she said she had a comeback for. I get a text Sunday morning from her saying "check the roads and call the weather info". So Jessica and I immediately go online and we're calling hoping that the roads weren't very good. That's bad...I know... Anyways, they were bad. I think around Flagstaff there were 4 accidents and the roads from Kingman to Winslow just got worse and worse. So we got to stay an extra day :) It was awesome. I even learned a couple things while I was there: I can only have a limited amount of cookies and soda, and I hate the game Settlers.

No comments: